Habit change...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. Just a question for you all, I use to suffer from ibs -D really bad, but recently over the past couple of month at everything is different I go once a day instead of 3-8 times, but I've started getting stomach pain. I'm worried it could be more, I've been told it could be piles ..I'm 26 any advice. Would be great thank you.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Bowel habit change and stomach pain go together.  Sometimes I get stomach pain and no bowel habit changes or disorderly bowels and pain at the same time with IBS. Symptoms are not the same with every flare up.  IBS is very unpredictable.  Don't worry.

• Posted

You can also alternate between IBS types.  I have IBS C but in the summer, I had IBS D and then back to C or normal again.
  • Posted

Thank you for replying, I get scared very easy, I'm also worries because it feels like something is just inside if that makes sense.

• Posted

Is the 'something inside' feeling a twitching, spasming sensation that feels like something is moving about inside your stomach? If so, this is a normal IBS symptom that I have experienced myself. You can also get a pain that feels like it is deep inside your stomach.  Piles is also a common complication of IBS. Worry will make all these things considerably worse.

• Posted

May well be incomplete evacuation which is typical of IBS. IBS tends to come and go in bouts particularly when stressed. Don't worry, your symptoms sound normal for IBS,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.