Had 2 scary Arrhythmia episodes. Was it Arrhythmia or a panic attack? Help anyone!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my longest arrhythmia episode which lasted almost 2 minutes.

I was sick from the Flu that week and on the Friday instead of resting my body/mind, I decided to be a tough guy and go train at my brazilian Jiu Jitsu academy, while battling the flu and being exhausted from my sales job. The next day, I got up early, so sleep deprived, worked out, cleaned my place, paid my rent, got a drink of red wine and then went downtown to a social event. As I was climbing up these stairs from the subway to the streets, my heart palpitations occurred. It was an irregular, fast heart beat and lasted for 1 to 2 minutes. I breathed myself out of it.

Later in that day, I had a few more episodes but much shorter in time.

I didn't experience chest pain, or shortness of breath or anything

but started to panic and felt a bit light headed. Once again, I breathed and was no longer light headed. Was this a panic attack or an arrhythmia caused by me pushing the boundaries of my mind/body when exhausted and injesting a trigger/stimulant like alcohol on top of that?

It was all gone by end of day.

I also tend to keep myself always on the Go

Growing my business, I go out to social events to meet women, pick up women each day at this one area that they tend to walk around on during lunch and after work"

Also have had some stress added due to some personal, family related things so really got in my head the last 2 months. I'm slowly getting out of it with better sleep, meditation, relaxation and now if I feel I'm exhausted I just rest and call it a day instead of pushing my mind and body.

Now a month later like 2 days ago. Same thing

I'm out with my friends, it's super cold, I'm exhausted, mentally drained and

we are out for 7 hours. We then end up having a hearty wood oven pizza, a glass of whisky and then we go out again and walk around. I started to feel some PVCs or ectopic beats after my drink. Then when I left my friends and went home on the subway, when I exited the station onto the streets. It was bone chilling cold. I had heart palpitations again. Lasting for about 50 seconds. I breathed myself out of it.

The common thing between these two things I noticed was alcohol and exhaustion and mental stress.

It's like when I think about my heart, I get palpitations, when I just get out of my head and into my body, they are gone or much less.

So trying to figure out what these could be

If they are Arrhythmia then they must be Premature Ventricular Contractions or A Fibs. I know it is not a V fib as that is deadly.

Curious if anyone has experienced this type of thing or can lend any insight as to what these two isolated episodes might have been.

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

if you're prone to heart palpitations, I can tell you right now that alcohol is a big contributer. I get these irregular beats as well, but they happen mostly when im hung over and dehydrated and tired. i also work in sales. i completely understand the pressures of going out to social events and gatherings in this industry, especially drinking. if my sales team goes out and i dont order a drink everyone acts as if the world is ending. so ive tried to limit alcohol intake. but if youre going to drink, i would dydrate lots before and after. also a heavy meal with carbs can add to heart palps as well. if you havent had any tests done, to ease your mind i would go get an EKG and/a heart echo. if everything is structurally normal with your heart, then the palpitations are just more of an annoyance than an actual worry. My doctor recently put me on a very small dose of beta blockers which slows down my heart rate and my palpitations have slowed way down as well. Try not drinking alcohol for one week and see how you feel. i hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.