Had 25cm cyst removed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I just thought I'd update you. Went in Tues morning for open surgery on cyst plus full hysterectomy. Op went fine. I stayed in one night.Cyst was 25cm long, 5 litres fluid was drained and it weighed 2.5kg.

Feel tender on stomach as cut from pelvis to inch above navel. On paracetamol and ibuprofen as needed. I can potter about very slowly. Trapped wind is the big problem. It hurts.

I was so nervous going in but surgery was over before I knew it. Staff were amazing Care was absolutely fantastic.I've never had a bad experience in the NHS to be honest. Always been impressed.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Im so glad the surgery went well. I have heard that the gas trapped is more painful than the incisions. Try to move or walk as much as you can, to release the gas. Speedy recovery. I'm having a really bad days, cyst getting nasty, knowing that it has to go out I suppose. Giving me the toughest time ever. Counting days.

• Posted

Fingers crossed you get your op soon. Waiting is terrible when you're in pain. Take care and keep us updated. Julie x

• Posted

I went under my operation on the 20Aug and today I am 10 days post op. Recovery was smooth and my biopsy results came back all clear. Just took my first Zoladex shot and really nervous about the nasty side effects. I will keep them posted. 
  • Posted

Well done and may good and speedy recovery continue just waiting for my op for removal x
  • Posted

Glad all went well! What a big cyst!!

The waiting is the worst part!! Closely followed by the trapped wind pain.

Walking and peppermint tea saved me.

Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

• Posted

Than you for the suggestions. I can't drink peppermint tea unfortunately but have stocked up on peppermint capsules. Used to work well for my IBS. X

• Posted

Hi glad to here all went well I’ve got to go for a re scan on mon I had a s 22cm/mm I Carnt remember which one cyst on my ovary I had a scan in April then never bled for 8 wk then regular again got worried 😧 got told I had to go back for another scan in 3 mth so go mon fybriods run in my family hope I don’t get one of them 🤔

• Posted

Just wanted to update.   I got my histology results back this morning from my huge cyst and peritoneal washings.   It was a serous cystadenoma and some fibroids.    No signs of any malignancy, so all benign.    The surgeon more or less told me that it would be but it's still nice to have confirmation.   Happy bunny smile

• Posted

It’s so bloody relieving when the histology results come back clear! I waited over 3 weeks for mine. I was convinced something was wrong even though my surgeon was pretty sure they were benign! 

Congratulations 😀😀 xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.