Had 3 hemorrhoids banded this morning at 11am.

Posted , 3 users are following.

It was just a consultation but he checked me out with a camera up the anus the asked if I was OK with the banding now.

I said yes and thought cool,it's getting sorted.

Been in bad pain ever since and couldn't go back to work.I've taken 6 paracetamol already and they're not touching it.

I thought I had a decent pain threshold lol.Don't know how you girls go through bad periods and labour lol.Definitely the stronger sex.

How long before the pain subsides and none?

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

For post op pain, nurofen or cocodomol is much more effective. I'm very surprised you were not prescribed proper pain relief.  Ask your doctor for something stronger if nurofen and cocodomol don't help. I don't know how long it will take for your pain to clear up, you will need to ask your doctor.

• Posted

Thanks Pippa.

They told me not to take Ibuprofen and just paracetamol.

If I'd of know the pain was this bad,I would of turned it down.👍

• Posted

I don't think you were properly advised. Paracetemol is no use for post op pain.  Ibruprofen is generally ok as long as you take it with food or milk, have no history of strokes or ulcers and only take it for short term.  Tell your doctor paracetemol doesn't work for you and push for something stronger.

• Posted

I’m guessing ant inflamitories could encourage bleeding and anything codeine based would be constipating. The last thing you need is to be constipated 😖.

So sorry for your discomfort sounds awful. Best stick to paracetamol until you have a word with your doctor.

• Posted

Anti inflammatories are ok as long as you are not intolerant or allergic to them.  Taking them for short term use is fine; long term use however, can cause problems.  You won't get constipated with short term use..

• Posted

Forgot to add that often cococodomol is prescribed for post op pain; it should be fine.
  • Posted

Hey Jonnie,

Just thought, how about an Ice pack that could be really soothing and bring down the inflammation. Be careful though, don’t put ice directly on your skin. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.