Had 3 surgeries can now feel a lump on my bone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had subcronial decompression oct 2015, frozen shoulder arthroscopic capsular release mar 2016 and again Nov 2016. I have now noticed if I run my hand over my bad shoulder (yes still and awaiting a further scan to check bracial plexus nerve) due to pain even though movement improved. I can feel a raised area which is solid. If I push it it is painful and does not move. It isn't at the site of arthroscope so I don't believe it's scar tissue. Any ideas? I can't work out how to post a photo

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have added a photo to my profile photo
  • Posted

Hi Julia, I can totally relate, as I've had 3 surgeries since march 2016 and still in pain with functional limitations! I can see that you posted a picture but it is very narrow so hard to see the bump you're talking about. I would ask your doc the next time you see him. I had a raised hard bump on my upper deltoid for many months after my injury. It finally went away. I had therapists stick needles in it, rub it. Ultrasound it, etc.  I was told it was a fluid sac of inflammation. My guess is yours is either that, or a bony calcification, but probably more likely inflammation of sorts. Are you working it hard to get back strength? I am struggling with lifting weights as it flares my pain. 

I would live live to hear how they diagnosed you with subacromial impingement? I am waiting on an ultrasound to rule that out.

• Posted

I forgot to ask, what movements cause you pain?
    • Posted

Side movement is the worst and above my head. I was diagnosed after an MRI with contrast.

I do have neuropathy from my fall also and need to have another MRI to rule out damage to my brachial plaxus nerve but on a waiting list and for the chronic pain management clinic.

Although through surgery my movement is better the chronic pain is much the same and my shoulder is always sore and limiting. The neuropathy causes numbness and pins and needles.

I'm not allowed to do weights yet and waiting for my. Etc referral still on very basic exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.