Had a bad cold, now have itchy/sore swollen eye with rash

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a bad cold last week, and my right eye got quite itchy. I have now developed some sort of rash on the top of my eye lid and on my nose next to my eye. All the glands on the right side of my face are swollen and the side of my face is quite sore. I'm not sure whether this is a skin problem or eye problem, but my eye is quite painful.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go to your doctor right away, or to the hospital ER.  Hope yours is not "trigeminal shingles". I would not wish that on my worst enemy. For treatment to be most effective, it has to be initiated within 48 to 72 hours after the first symptoms appear.

• Posted

Please go see your doctor right away. Just to be sure you do not have"trigeminal shingles" spreading to your right eye.

"Shingles in the eye can cause scarring, vision loss, and other long-term problems"

• Posted

Looking at Tramingal shingles online, my 'rash' looks identical, although very small at the moment due to just starting.

Is it worth going to ER tomorrow rather than waiting for an appointment with the doctor?

Thank you!!

• Posted

Yes please. Go seek medical treatment A.S.A.P.

Take care and good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.