Had a blood test? Will it show if I have hepatitis or any other serious condition?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I have knee pain and my doctor recommended a blood test before MRI to see if there’s any inflammation in my body (I’m assuming). I’ve also had some tummy problems for the past week and I was wondering if such a blood test would show if I have hepatitis or any other serious condition such as cancer or so. Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes.. a complete blood count and comprehensive panel will show if you have anemia, an infection in the body, kidney issues, liver issues, and many other serious and not so serious issues in the body.   As for cancer..  most cancers will cause an extreme drop or rise in blood cells, but there are a handful of cancers that will not cause this drop or rise, especially if the cancer is newly formed, BUT..  there would be other signs and symptoms that your doctor is trained to look out for and test accordingly..
    • Posted

I don’t think it is a complete comprehensive panel as they said I could have eaten before the test so that’s why I’m worried I might need to do another test for my tummy problems. Last time I went to the doctors my tummy problems weren’t too bad and doctor said it was probably reflux from my painkillers but I’m starting to think it’s something else so I’m gonna book another appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.