Had a colonoscopy it showed nothing but took biopsys it shows some inflammation

Posted , 7 users are following.

The results said they sure it's not crohns , but if my loose bowels carry on I can take some meds to help, would this mean ibs , or is there something else it could be 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it could be IBS  they should do more tests. Hope you find out out what is causing it.
  • Posted

Could be IBS, could be IBD. I had normal colonoscopies but still active crohns. May also be bile salt malabsorption. A sehcat scan can diagnose that pretty easily... Good luck x 
    • Posted

Hollaka79, what symptoms were you having with active Crohn's? And what were the first, earliest signs? What signs piled on as time went by?

I was told I have IBS back in 2010 or 2013. I had my first real gut pain in 2010 or perhaps earlier. But clear colonoscopies in 2010 and 2015. My two worst attacks were November 2015, when I had 5-6 weeks of intermittent diarrhea with stool trying to form in between bouts, and just this November after Thanksgiving in the USA, when I had massive pain, chills sweats, and felt faint. THere was a little blood in the bowl. The Ct scan showed "mild segmental colitis" and man, if that was mild don't give me moderate or severe please!

My doc looked at the Ct scan report and full blood work and said I had infectious colitis. I called him two days ago and said I haven't had diarrhea but my stools don't come out any wider than a man's finger, and for the amount of food I eat, I'm scared of being blocked up at some point. 

Tried coffee last week. NO problem. Had another two days later, made me go. Stool wasn't normal width but at least I got it out. Tried a third cup two mornings ago, horrid pains and cramping when I went. NO diarrhea but thin, long stools, and lots of it. Had to be late to work.

Some people in the IBS forums talk about thin stools. I'm going to a new doctor for another opinion, but I'm wondering, just how slow would Crohn's progress?

• Posted

Hi, sorry for late response. Initially my cd started out with just mild tummy ache. That increased over 2 years to the point I had lost 40lbs & only weighed 35lbs &’was in a wheelchair. I had ulcers in my mouth, high fever, nausea & I had a few fistula & abscesses in my bum then eventually had small bowel obstruction which led to surgery. Now my symptoms include diarrhoea as well

As the pain but also major fatigue & really severe joint pain (that’s almost as bad as the stomach issues). I also have mouth ulcers, one of which the Drs think may be a tumour. Fun times... Hope u get ur answers soon xx

• Posted

I've also had negative colonoscopies while still having all the symptoms of my chrons disease. Don't give up. Sometimes getting your diagnosis takes a little while but keep pushing them doctors to give you one. It could be many things but I'd start medications for ibs and pay attention to how the foods you are eating are effecting you. Especially those containing gluten since those seem to trigger symptoms in some and  some people are sensitive to gluten. 

• Posted

Hi how long did it take to until u were diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and what are ur symptoms? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.