Had a endoscopy 7 days ago concerned

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name is Eugenia i want to know if anyone can help me please, i had an endoscopy they took a biopsy so itss been a few days already but i feel like therea something wrong its my first endoscopy ever so i dont know what to think or what is going on in my stomach ! Has anyone been through this or had symptoms nausea or gas diarrhea pain discomfort ?? The doctor prescribed omeprazole and said my stomach and esophagus inflammation i have this bump on my right side where ribs are help!!??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eugenia 

Are you saying you feel worse since the endoscopy?  I too have had the procedure and afterwards felt  detached and in discomfort. During the procedure air is blown into the stomach and that can cause upset afterwards for quite a few weeks/ months in some cases. I had  biopsy taken and my stomach didn’t seem to like it. I was in discomfort afterwards. The main thing to do is to not panic. I went down that road and it doesn’t help at all. I got even worse (losing weight, depressed, breaking down) I’m only just coming out the other side. The stomach is not the quickest at healing. You must watch what you eat. The lump under rib could be a number of things. Most likely hernia... remember to breath and stay  in the moment. Exercise when you can even if it’s walking in the sunshine. The main thing is to not let your mind wonder on what  you think it could be. That’s just going to make you worse. You’ll get through this and come out the other side. It could take a while though so it’s inportant you don’t let your mind  be  consumed with negativity as this definitely has and effect on the healing process.. eat well for your body type. Sleep as my much as you can as the body only heals it’s self when we sleep. Mild exercise and breath/ meditate. Don’t let your mind wonder. You’re in good hands they will find out what’s going on. In the mean time  Look after yourself and be gentle on your self. I’m here if you need to talk. 

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying and for your advice i appreciate it, iam not feeling well at all i feel more sick by day i dont know what's wrong with me i feel really tired fatigue im starting to get scared and feel like i have something a i just have alot of symptoms body hurts and feel weak

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying and for your advice i appreciate it, iam not feeling well at all i feel more sick by day i dont know what's wrong with me i feel really tired fatigue im starting to get scared and feel like i have something a i just have alot of symptoms body hurts and feel weak

• Posted

Hi Jeremy 

Any chance you can email me as the long answer I posted to you they deleted!! My email is

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hi Eugenia 

Can you email me. As the long answer I gave you was deleted!?! My email is

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hi I read your post to Eugenia, I feel the same my upper chest is like right bloated. I’m tired, not pain uncomfortable. 4 days after the procedure. I had several biopsies done too. Is it a matter of time and maybe each person deals with anasthia differently. I’m afraid there is a perforated esophagus but I don’t have sharp pain at all . Advice?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.