had a PE for 17 months and in the last few days Should I worry? Am on

Posted , 4 users are following.

i was misdiagnosed in 2014 ( had a pe, assigned a cardiologist in ER.  Nothing was wrong with my heart but the right side of my chest was painful and I felt lots of pressure.  Saw 3 docs the next year, complaining about this horrible pain and got no help at all.  Finally found a internist who listened to me and with a ct, found the clot.  That was Xarelto bec of side effects.  Last few days the pain has seemed to worsen and sharpen.  See a hemotologist for 2nd time in 3 weeks.  Should I see her sooner?


1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    Sure you should see the hemotologist sooner.  Why not?  Tell them you feel it is an emergency and that you are feeling terrible.  If it was me I would also see a pulminologist    
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    The short answer is "yes" see someone now rather than later.

    Couldn't make out if you were on anticoagulants or not, but sounds like you should be. If you have had trouble with Xarelto (I did) then try warfarin (coumadin).



    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up