Had a rectocele operation using the Starr procedure 7 days ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

what do I need to do and not do ??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Get plenty of rest, and don’t lift anything heavy. And research about your healing process which will give you a better understanding. When you have a bowel movement let it flow, don’t push it out. Refrain from sex as long as possible. Although you can resume to be sexually active within eight weeks, but your body isn’t going to feel normal again until you about 5 to 6 months op surgery. Just take it easy..
  • Posted

Hi

Are the staples inside or out? Didn't you have any post op instructions hun?

If assume they are dis solvable and will take a few weeks to 3 months to dissolve depending on what suture material was used.

No lifting,bending,running,stretching for up to 12 wks.. The tissues are fragile and will rip and not heal strong.

Even now I won't lift any shopping or anything heavy ever.xx

• Posted

As far as I know the way the procedure is done  it involves staples. I was told not to lift any thing heavy nothing about for how long for and I’d be sent appointment to see surgeon in 3 mounts .
    • Posted

I highly suggest no lifting for 12 wks.. Your body doesn't make strong scar tissue till after 12 wks. This is what holds it all in place.

I've had tvh and 're anterior repair in January so I've walked the walk. Recovery is long but you will get there hunx

• Posted

Staples inside are like internal stitches.do too much and they will not hold up.

Rest for at least 8 wksx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.