Had a thumb splint and my thumb has been numb for 3 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

So last Wednesday I was involved in a car crash and roll over. I was taken to hospital in a neck brace and had an MRI which found nothing and I was clear to go. But the next day my whole hand was sore so I went to the doctor who made me get an X ray on my hand. After that he said there was nothing but put me in a splint for my thumb which he said was probably sprained. I have had it off for 3 days and my thumb is still feeling funny, it's hard to explain its sort of numb and has half feeling in it. My question is have I done severe damage to my thumb or something. Thanks for the help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi pieter,

I fell one time and the entire top of my foot went numb and i couldn't feel much over the top of the skin. The doctor reassured me that i had over stretched the area when i fell and it would be a few weeks before it improved, which it was. It may just take time. If you're still worried in a couple of weeks, go back and see if it is something else. Your body will have taken some impact in the car crash and you possibly used your hand to steady yourself at some point causing the sprain.

Hope that helps

Beverley

• Posted

Okay thank you. It's been annoying because I play golf and it feels weird playing golf.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.