Had a topple will I have my injured my rotator cuff repair 17;days ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry to raise a new question

I had my surgery 12 June Had a good day...I knelt on the floor

Getting undressed for bed I was wearing bias cut dress Had the top of dress off Should have stood up and let the dress take off completely Stupidly I got the strap of the nightdress again silk strappy

Not sure how it happened but iToppled to the side Did not touch my shoulder Table beside where I was I went down not hard on my elbow Means that obviously my arm was away from chest wall and Waist got the sling on I should have sat on the stool as there I can see the sling goes I have put an ice pack on I have been so careful I have an ache in my arm upper arm but I get this and when I have to hold my elbow and bring my lower arm up I would say maybe biceps Any advice as I am worried There was no pain when it happened and I saved myself

Help and advice Sue

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I fell about a week after my surgery. I landed on my non surgical arm by twisting my body around. I had a searing pain in my bicep. I had to get a steroid shot in my small bicep. 

nfortunately there is no way to know if there is any injury to the surgery until you are further along. Your sling was on, and they tell you to keep it on for a reason. My advice is to move ahead, assuming that everything is fine.  

• Posted

Thanks I actually had the sling off as I getting ready for bed Everything gm

Feels okand I am icing it I am just scared of messing it up Had s much better night and day MyI find these Zany Granddaughter came to visit Hairdresser came in to do my hair and the place is slick and span as the cleaners were here yesterday and I am stupid

This forum as ALWAYS someone to give advice encouragement I think you are all wonderful

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.