Had a vomiting bug and since then, frequent diarrhea

Posted , 4 users are following.

I believe I had some kind of food poisoning. I had been feeling a bit strange on Saturday, I had thought it was just a hangover. Then on Sunday I felt worse, was very weak and basically bedridden, wasn't able to eat anything or drink other than water without being sick. I also had some diarrhea. Since none of my flatmates came down with anything I thought it was just food poisoning. I felt a lot better on the Monday and began eating crackers and rice and powerade to try and rehydrate myself etc. I began eating more and then began sort of switching between diarrhea and constipation on Tuesday. Since Wednesday night I've had frequent diarrhea, like 10 bowel movements in the past 12 hours. The colour is freaking me out a bit, very bright and orange. I was wondering if this is normal or worth seeing a doctor about?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

try some activated charcol you can get caosuals or tablets and it asborbs toxins  

and removes them from the body  .

• Posted

Hi sounds like a bug called Giardia it's a parasite in your stomach and intestines u can get if straight after a bug or by drinking contaminated water go to doctors for antibiotics make them do a stool test then hopefully it will go away
  • Posted

Hi John,

I had the same symptoms a while ago, when Norovirus was going around. That could be a possibility, but it's contagious, so give no one around you had the same symptoms, I am not sure. With me, it lasted a long time. 

I would def look in to Giardia, as Sam85466 has advised. It does sound parasitic in nature.

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Seems like symptoms of IBS with intermitant diarrhoea and constipation agrevated by something you ate.  you can try probiotics it does help to calm and restore  a healthy intestinal tract.  Also Colofac, it can be purchased from any pharmacy.

I had a similar thing a few years ago. The pain was so severe that I spend most of my time in a warm bath that releived the symptoms a little. Had plenty of fluids to flush out my system. Tried every thing I could think of and not sure what really did the trick but after about three days it just stopped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.