Had ablation and some bad news

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I had an ablation last week, it was all pretty straight forward but afterwards while I was still pretty groggy I think, the doctor told me that it had all gone well but that they had found another 2 or 3 'areas of concern'  I was too trippy to push for more info and am presuming they will send a report to my gp but in the meantime am getting concerned and wondered if anyone has had this happen to them?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Just wondering, why didn't your Dr take care of the other areas while he was in there..or was it not ablation related?

• Posted

That's the trouble. I really have no idea, was way to trippy to ask any questions. sad

• Posted

If it was anything of seriousness you would not have been allowed to leave your Dr's office..so hang there, talk to your dr as soon as you can to give you peace of mind.

• Posted

Hi, its really not good for you to be worrying about this. If I were you I would see my GP on Monday and discuss it with him. Perhaps you might let him know beforehand so he can get some info from the cardio people before he sees you?

All the best

• Posted

Thanks, yes I will try but its usually a 2 week wait for gp appointment. sad

• Posted

Its easy for me sitting here in Ireland Dee, where I can get an appointment with a great GP within a day because I can afford the £40 it will cost.

I don't know where you are, or what your circumstances are, but if you are in the UK and must go through the NHS I would try to look at it like this:

If what they found was very bad then you must be treated by your GPs surgery like an urgent case and see you sooner.

and

If you tell your GPs surgery about all of this and they do not treat you like an urgent case then perhaps what the cardio people found was not as bad as you fear.

Either way I would doorstep your GP or the hospital where you had the ablation until you know what is going on.

One other thing worth considering:

Cardio people normally carry out pretty thorough tests before they decide you are suitable for an ablation. So your test results must have been good. So whatever it is, its not like your heart is a wreck!

Good luck lol

• Posted

Oh dear Dee

Not good . I'm still considering ablation but feel really scared . On verapamil but don't think they are helping to be honest . Please keep us updated to what they have discovered ....

Stay strong ..

• Posted

I was terrified if i'm honest but am glad i had it done and its over with. Will let you know when i find out whats going on but if i hadn't had it done then whatever it turns out to be, they wouldn't have found it and who knows what would have happened. My cardiologist was just fab and the nurses were great. I hope you find the right thing to do for you and wish you the very best.  smile

• Posted

Very true Dee. Would appreciate that. I'm a believer in that everything happens for a reason .

Look forward to hearing how you get on ..

• Posted

Hi dee

I had an ablation in June for svt. It was unsuccessful. He told me he could get my heart rate up bit could not find the area of concern. He feels that it could have been because of the anxiety meds I was on. I had stopped the beta blockers way in advance, but no one said anything about the clomazepam for anxiety. So disappointed. Things don't always go as planned..........

• Posted

Try not to worry Dee. Electro-physiology is complicated and SVT is not the b all and end all of the heart's many different issues. Ectopic  beats and AF can also be present, but are not as serious if you are fit. Give the ablation a few weeks, then discuss how you are feeling, but my guess is that you will feel amazing compared to how you were before the ablation. 

Take care.

• Posted

My husband was with me when I had my ablation last month. The dr told him the same thing. That I had a few areas of concern. I see my cardiologist on the 31st so I am definitely going to ask what those were and what, if anything, needs to be done. I hope all is well with you and you continue to heal!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.