HAD AFIB SINCE 2019, FEW MINOR EPISODES BUT TODAY EKG STATED LEFT ANTERIOR FASCICULAR BLOCK

Posted , 1 user is following.

My cardiologist last week said I was doing fine. They took my EKG and seemed to be good. He didn't tell me to come back. But I just got the written report for the EKG he took and it said 'abnormal' and 'left anterior fascicular block'. The test result report was dated 5 days after my exam.

My afib has been minor, only maybe 6 incidence in 2 years with NO SYMPTOMS other than these incidence where heart beats fast for 20 mintues, 10 minutes and only once I was considered in afib for 4 hours but beat was not high for the entire time.

I do not have any chest pain, shortness of breath, never cold or clammy. I have been somewhat lightheaded for maybe a few minute last 2 weeks, thought it was TMJ or not drinking enough water in the heat wave weather.

I'm 70. History of endurance athletics from 18 years old to 45 years old. Last 10 years very stressful due to business and I was using caffein to stay awake. Also gained weight and ate awaful. Of course all that changed with afib; lost 60 pounds and mostly eat really well. Cholesterol 240 but good cholesterol is in the good range.

Unfortunately my HMO (well known) doesn't seem to pay attention to you unless you need surgery.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated about this diagnosis and advice. Can I still ride my bike?? I called to schedule another appointment.

Could this one EKG be inaccurate? Why didn't my previous EKG's in the last 2 months show anything??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.