Had Allergy tests done - stil reacting?

Posted , 2 users are following.

It was discovered by my allergy tests that I am not allergic to dairy, wheat, peanuts, etc only the shrimp. It was a basic panel, but I ate some wheat and dairy today and get facial flushing (without signs) bit tightness and bit pain in throat, little bit of tingling in tongue, and little bit of itch. No rashes, hives, nothing. Am I possibly not dealing with allergies here?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Great question! Allergy tests (in Canada anyway) aren’t always  a perfect science - I was found to be allergic to something that I haven’t ever reacted to! It could be that you experienced anxiety (after my testing, I started questioning everything for a while) because you are more aware of allergies since the testing. Could also be that the seeds went down uncomfortably against your throat. If you’re antsy about this, you could get an epi pen just in case if you don’t already have one. Also, you could try eating this same things in a safe place with health professionals and see what happens. Also chat with your doc! Never hurts.
  • Posted

Oh one more thing! Google allergies vs intolerances. I thought I was allergic to dairy and wasn’t but it came to be that certain fat contents I am less tolerant of.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.