Had an endoscopy yesterday and now I feel like somethings stuck in my throat constantly

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an endoscopy yesterday to have my NJ tube replaced and now today i feel like somethings stuck in my throat and i cant stop clearing my throat and coughing constantly but i cant cough anything up. I can swallow liquids fine and my breathing is ok. Its the most annoying thing ever, I'm literally clearing my throat every minute. Has anyone else had this after an endoscopy or does anyone know what this could be?

I'm really worrying about it

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Grace,

I had my endoscopy done about 6 days ago. I still experience the same sensation of something being stuck in the throat. It goes away and it comes back. I really hope it subsides soon.

• Edited

Oh no, I hope it doesn't stay, I want it to go away completely. Have you found anything that helps to relieve it or make it any better?

• Posted

it may be the feeling the throat has endured due to the lens down your throat. This should go away over time. Drink grape juice. Orange juice is great but its acidic and so is apple juice. You could try yogurts. Speak to your GP about options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.