Had an endoscopy yesterday just needed some help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went in yesterday for a endoscopy and had sedation. I was fine after the procedure however since last night i have developed the worst chest pain and left shoulder pain that is a very sharp pain. I am currently using a hot waterr bottle to help the pain. My throat i have been unable to swallow any drink or food due to the pain being so bad and feeling like something is stuck inside my throat. Can someone please help me and tell me is this normal after an endoscopy. i have been a little bit worried

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi aimee!! i also had an upper endoscopy yesterday. Everything was normal according to the doc, however, they still did dilate my esophagus a little and took a biopsy from some ever so slightly inflamed tissue. initially i also only had some minor discomfort following the procedure (sore throat, post nasal drip) ate some ice cream was fine). Later in the evening however it all changed, i took one of my pills and it felt stuck in my throat, and my upper right chest hurt. i tried everything to "dislodge" it. Called the doc in the a.m. and was told to go to the ER just in case. I got my chest/neck xrays and CT scan. ER doc said everything looked great and that i was just experiencing some unfortunate discomfort from the procedure & that my throat is probably still inflammed from it. ER doc and Surgical doc said give it a few days. To give you more re-assurance i found another forum with 100s of ppl who had the same issue shortly after their procedure so lets hang tight together and hopefully this uncomfortability goes away soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.