had an ocd episode

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, i was in the library and i had an ocd episode i was indecisive about whether or not to phone my gp's and make an appointment. and i was stuck like this for about half an hour thinking should i?? doubts uncertainty. i eventually did ring the gp and see her today. i wanted to tell her about my tense headed feeling and if anything can be done to my meds maybe prozac could go from 40 mg to 50 mg? or quetiapine from 300 mg to 350 mg or maybe those are meds they will leave to the psychiatrist. i also want to ask them about aspirin stomach protect formula myappintment is 5.30 pm today im tensed up

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dear Glenn

Oh man - do I know this feeling well. It's horrible isn't it and it happens to me on a very regular basis and under all kinds of circumstances. It happens at home, in the supermarket, at work, anywhere you care to name.

I wanted you to know that you are not alone and for some years this was so frequent it was consuming huge chunks of my day. Although I am still prone to the problem, it is now much, much improved. The main driver for this has been something called 'present moment thinking'.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask, or, you will find plenty of information on the net that should really grab your attention.

I wholeheartedly hope this will be of some help to you buddy.

You have my very best wishes.

• Posted

thank you for your reply i got paracetamol prescribed at the doctors which is not really much good really. its been a poor day really. maybe prozac might be increased in future weeks by the consultant but thanks again
    • Posted

I can understand your frustration Glenn. Paracetamol isn't exactly up there in the ranks is it, but if it brings some relief from the unpleasant sensations in your head, then fair enough. If not, you may have to fight your corner to get to the root cause.

I deliberately focused on your "OCD" half-hour of indecisiveness in my initial reply. If this is something that you find you are experiencing on a more regular basis, I will do anything I can to help you based on my own experience.

I hope that (unlike me), when you read this, it is following a good peaceful night's sleep.

My very best wishes to you Glenn.

• Posted

Please let me know what happens tonight at the surgery after you have seen your GP.
    • Posted

hi archemedes thank you for your reply.at the gp's  we went through the list of possibilitys which were prozac or quetiapine increases or aspirin ao

or paracetamol and it ended up with getting paracetamol prescribed. i

feel a bit down with this result really. it must be too soon for prozac to be increased

• Posted

It is always really frustrating leaving the GP without the results you want.  I hate it when they are vague as well.  Last time I asked my Doc should I increase my Paroxetine to 30mg and she just shrugged and said do what you think you need. Uggh!
    • Posted

It is not my job to question your own doctor's wisdom, but I don't feel that Paracetemol is not the answer here. 

I feel that you doctor is using the 'wait and see rule' which is becoming more and more common, simply because the medical fraternity is currently being accused of over-prescribing.

I would advise this, if the paracetemol does not 'cut-the-cake' and help you then, I would definitely go back and insist on a more effective treatment. 

• Posted

That should read 'but I don't feel that Paracetemol is the answer here'

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.