Had Ankle Surgery 7-27-17

Posted , 5 users are following.

It is 7-29-17 I made it thru the Sugery 7-27-27 they kept me in the Hospital . Had some pain . I was on Norco. Oh my God. It did stop the pain but it made me Dizzy. Nauseated, Constpated .I told the Doctor I cannot go home like this . My Spouse is 70 with several heath problem she can't take care of me like this . They kept me 7-28-17. NO MORE NARCO. 7-29-17 I Ask the doctor to say another day, So my Family can get my room ready and safe. I can get my Bowles moving again. Eating oatmeal, drinking prune juice, hot decaf coffee. Finally went to the Bathroom .The Doctor Had Also Given stool softner and Senna. Thank God I went finally . Pain is Bearable with out meds now . Some sharp twinges, occasionally and my cast feels tight when I get to go to the restroom other than that not bad. I am going home 7-30-17. Non weight bearing. First follow up appointment 8-9-17 and we will see how it is going. I hoping I can get a walking cast at that time . I did mentioned it to him before surgery and he seemed open to it. They are giving me 325 aspirin at night as a blood clot prevention, the nurse tells me not to worry I am getting up enough to keep my blood circulating. I will be going home with Tylenol #3. The Doc dosn't want to do Ibuprofen 800 due to stomach bleeding risks . I will only take as needed and will start cleaning my poor liver with some milk thistle. Well so far this my experience. I will keep you all updated when I get home . Light , love and Peace to all of you. I am wiggling my toes inside the cast a lot to help the blood keep circulating. I thank you all so much for being there for my before my Surgery and checking on me . I want to start a broken ankle club. No one who has not been thru this understands like we do.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I'm glad you're doing well my pain is subsiding but my ankle just feels like it's fat. I go back on the 9th to get the stitches out it almost feels like fluid running down my leg. I'm keeping it elevated and hoping to continue relief as the days continue! I wish you a speedy recovery!

• Posted

Thank you Danette. I know it will go well with you getting your stitches out. Speedy recovery to you to.
    • Posted

Hi Al my pain didn't start until I had boot removed and told to start walking with crutches with the aim to get rid ASAP. That was 5weeks ago. Pain has been unbearable for over a week, as I've tried walking without aids around the house. It had reduced me to tears. Physio last Friday and had to call it a day after only 15 mins because of the pain. Now been told to stop walking unaided and use 1 crutch to only put 75% weight on bad foot. Also gave me compression sock saying it would of. Still have pain back on meds ZAPAIN, and once again suffering from constipation!!! Just can't win. 16 weeks of sheer hell!!! 😢 😢 😢. Sx

• Posted

Take your pain medicine as prescribed don't

Wait til needed is my biggest advice! At least for next few days. Sounds like u did some

Great self

Advocating! Go you!

• Posted

Hi susan,

So glad you're feeling better and pain is bearable. Don t be shy taking the meds when you're in pain. We've all suffered enough with pain and don't need any extra!! Keep that foot elevated as much as possible and keep wiggling those toes! Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Good luck hun and stay positive!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.