Had blepharitis controlled for 2 weeks and it has returned

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so I didnt have any symptoms for almost 2 weeks now and now it has come back sad  also broke out really bad in places I have never broken out before for example my forehead and left cheek and I believe it's somewhat related to the blepharitis. Any tips you guys can give me? I've gone to my physician, eye doctor etc and they just take it like it's something normal. I'm really irritated since I cant wear makeup since now my face looks like a mess.I wasnt washing my eyes at all or cleaning them and they felt great until this afternoon when I did a hot compress and it came back. Should I just not do nothing to my eyes or do I keep going with my eyelid scrubs and hot compresses? or any other remedies? I heard tea tree oil is good to treat blepharitis. Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The bacteria follows a cycle .I can often have a 5 day period with no signs at all , then it gradually comes back .

In a previous entry I mentioned a link to a good read with regard to the subject of the bacteria's life cycle and it featured a highly magnified picture of the bacteria that seek to live and reproduce in your eyes' glands .

• Posted

Is it dermodex? I've heard it's related to blepharitis and what's your routine for to treat blepharitis?

• Posted

Hi , i have mine " under control " ( not cured ) and for my level of bleph' it's most important to keep the glands unblocked and producing natural oils to lubricate the eyes . the usual eye hygiene , microwavable eye bag followed by numerous finger tip passes of massage along the glands and lacrilube at night so that my eye lids don't stick to my eye balls .First thing in the morning dissolve the lacrilube left on my lashes with bleph' liquid solution and finish the job with a hot flannel .

it is SO important that the gland openings are the center of attention . that is where the "bugs" enjoy life and breed . The lower lids i find easy to wash with a very wet cotton bud soaked in bleph' solution . This should dissolve the blockages in the gland openings and allow the oils to flow as intended . Be gentle though as the last thing you want is stinging sore eyelids ! the upper eye lids gland opening areas i don't manage to do as well .

Top tip at night , before applying the lacrilube give your lashes a good washing/ dampening with the bleth cleaner immediately before applying the lacrilube . that way it doesn't stick to the lashes as much , you feel less " tacky" and it cleans off easier in the morning .

if you suffer from dry skin apply a TINY amount of Cetraben on the dry areas but ensure that you stop short of being too close to the eye lids as it's thought that oily substances can be attractive to bleph .

good luck.

• Posted

I was clear for 2.5 weeks and it was great then I travel to florida and mid week it came on with a vengeance. Each episode lasts 4 days. I've also been to 3 doctors now. The 3rd is allergist who did one round of skin tests. He needs 2 more days for skin tests but thinks it is contact dermatitis so now I have 4 th doctor appt with dermatologist. Now not sure if they are milking my insurance.

It's crazy bad when I have it. So I use Wet Ones bought at walmart in USA. Vaseline around eyes pataday allergy eye drops . No Idea what works. The heat pack last episode did nothing so I used ice after the heat it felt good but did nothing.

The tea tree oil I love for many things but so close to your eyes that could sting like heck!

I'm Hoping its related to allergies and there will be a cure but it's going to take a month for all this testing to be over because I work and have little time to do this. Allergy appt took 2 hours!!! The next one they said 3 hours!

• Posted

I'm so tired of this and I might even see a dermatologist and see if they can resolve this problem since my insurance wont cover my visits to to my eye doctor since I was " diagnosed" and theres no need for me to keep going. Have you tried cleaning your eyes with the Ocusoft wipes? I feel some relief when using those and I heard on another post here that she cured her sons blepharitis with diluted tea tree oil.
  • Posted

Dear Gabriela,

My friend who killed the Blepharitis with an Avon Facial Scrub with Benzethonium Chlorid in it had her Blepharitis moving up onto to her skin. She had it in the area where you wear eyeshadow. She wore sunglasses all the time.

I saw what she had when I looked online at the different Blepharitis pictures. I had the terrible itching as my symptom.

I used the antibacterial handwipes called Wet Ones with Benzethonium Chloride in them to kill my Blepharitis. I have posted on the site how I did it.

Hope this helps you,

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.