Had Blood in my Urine and tests came back clear. But still worried?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I'm twenty one years old and in November time last year I was having some blood in my urine, so I naturally worried about it so I went to see my doctor and she did a urine test on me. A few days later, I get the results of my test that nothing is wrong with me and my results are normal.

My bleeding stopped in my urine and I just considered that everything was fine. But I hear people talking about urinary injections and bladder cancer and about bloody urine recently and it just sparks up worry for me again. I know the results came back clear but could I still have something wrong with me?

I feel like bloody urine isn't an occurrence that happens normally and I don't get periods as I am on birth control and haven't had a period in a long time.

Could someone offer me some reassurance or maybe even some medical advice? Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not in medical field but had infections, diseases of bladder. If infection you'd have urgency, burning, abnormal urinalysis. If kidney problems also usually signs like pain, abnormal urine test, more bleeding. Although it's odd to have s blood in urine it may be a one time thing and there are no signs it's concerning like cancer or abnormality. It could be from exercise If there's more blood, doctor might ultrasound and do another urine test. hopefully this soon will be all behind you. wish you well.

• Posted

Hi SmolKerri,

Are you sure it's blood? There are many things that can colour blood. Beetroot is one example.

• Posted

I suppose if you were in discomfort it would require some additional testing. Its always better to be safe than sorry. Many times a urinalysis will come back negative, but unless they send it for a culture, you wont know if there is a bacteria in your urine. I would not worry, but if you have additional symptoms don't hesitate to request some additional testing to be sure. let me know how it turns out 😃 Karol

• Posted

I had blood in my urine, and it was because I had a bladder stone. It bumps around in the bladder, which causes the bleeding. Easy fix. The urologist, will break up the stone with a laser, and flush it out. You are done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.