Had botox and a skin tag removed.. but still in pain 5 days on

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had botox and a skin tag removed on thursday last week, however i'm still in pain.

I think the botox worked because actually pooping seems easier (as in the muscles aren't as tense) however, after going a little bit, i think where the skin tag was removed it is quite swollen, feels like a firm lump and has accute pain when touched.

I dont know if anyone can relate, but after going toilet and after the first part comes out, I get a throbbing pain, where I immediately have to stand up and i can't stop walking because it is so painful, but not a sharp pain like when the fissure was at it's worst. After 15 mins, it's calmed down enough and I can continue going.

Should it be this painful where the tag was removed? It is like the tag was connected to a hemmahroid, and now it's badly inflamed/painful. as I write this I am not in major discomfort, but 3-4 hours after my first BM is almost unbearable.

Can anyone else relate? Could it just be the botox is causing the pain or should that have passed by day 5? After my surgery I wasnt able to even see the surgeon to ask him questions which is annoying, so i dont even know fully what happened..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

the botox doesn't usually cause pain. the skin tag removal is most likely causing you pain.

when i had my tag removed it was incredibly painful for the first few days, pain peaked day 3 then everything started calming down by day 4. and after a week, i had no more pain from the skin tag removal.

give it time to heal.

• Posted

Hi, I had the exact same as you. I cant feel the fissure so much now when passing a stool, however the throbbing type sensation after passing a stool is almost unbearable for me too.

I am morning 8 post surgery, have not been for BM yet, skin tag is feeling more itchy ish now so really hoping I'm coming through the healing.

worst pain ever I really feel your pain. I have been doing sitz baths 3 4 times a day after BM I find a sitz bath very helpful.

Hope this has helped and hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

I had botox injection and cleaning of fissure (no skin tag removal) on Monday morning (now thursday). I had my first bowel movement since surgery this morning and have been in a lot of throbbing pain since, the best thing I have found to calm pain is sitting on one of the long thin hot water bottles, its honestly been a life saviour, I'm slightly concerned though as i passed stool at 10am and am still in the same pain at 6pm!

• Posted

Unfortunately I think that pain is a part of the healing process I had very simular on day 4,5&6. the pain just did not go away. However day 7 it did start to ease a little so hang in there keep the stool soft try and go daily if possible. sitz baths also really help relieve the pain. I haven't tried a hot water bottle I find after a BM 4 me what eases it is cold water. I make a cold compress and just pat it/hold it there for a few minutes. I find this helps ease the pain a lot quicker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.