Had Brain MRI scan today, please someone reassure me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I had an MRI scan done this morning via the NHS. After we finished the nurse and the guy who had taken the images seemed really weird. He didn't even talk to me and gave me a concerned and weird look. Then I thought I saw two white circles on one of the images I peeked on. Afterwards I rang my GP to ask when the results would come in and she said they had already been sent to them and had them on file, then she seemed to stutter like didn't know what to say and then said she couldn't make out what the results were and would need to wait for doctor to comment on them. I'm really really scared right now I cannot cope. There has to be something if not why would all this happen? :'( as well the fact that the results were already at the GP even though I had previously been told that it would take up to ten days..can someone please help me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I know this can be scary but please dont read to much into it, firstly the receptionist probably won't be able to read your scans or the report that's been sent with it and no way is she qualified to interpret it, I can only say this that if it is something serious than your doctor would have contacted you before he left for home. Ring back in the morning and request a doctors call so that way your not waiting and worrying and also it's Friday so you need some peace of mind before the weekend, I hope all goes well with your results m, please let me know how you get on 💝

• Posted

Kylie, I sure hope you get some answers before the week-end.  I understand your concern, but don't put too much weight on the fact that the technician did not even speak to you.  Heaven knows what issue he/she was comfronting that day.  Hope everything is fine.  Don't cross the river before you get to the bridge.  Keep us posted, please.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.