Had bunion removed on the 16th Dec

Posted , 3 users are following.

Yes it was painful... very painful for 2 days! Codine would not do the trick so I was given morphin.

I am having lots of rest, and I am taking advantage of getting rid off all the stress and tiredness of being a full time worker a mum of twins a cleaner and of course a wife!!!

I am just a queen with the foot up all day reading books, blogging, watching TV. 

I know I am on the way of getting bored so I hope the consultant will give me good news on the 3rd Jan 2017!

I will keep you posted!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good luck I had mtp bone fusion in both my big toes on the 3rd oct 

i was like that then got very bored wanted to go back to work etc

had an x-ray 10 weeks in and the bones not fused so now have another x-ray booked for Feb an still wearing horrible black hospital boots 

I am going back to work in Jan for 2 days a week I am nursery nurse so have to be careful as going to be on my feet 

good luck 

• Posted

Hello Cluckers that is quite  a long time!!

Hope all will be ok at yr next visit! Take it easy at work!!

I need to be ready to work by mid January latest so I will do my best with physio etc

• Posted

Had my foot operated on the same day. Got my bandage off yesterday and it feels so much better. Doctor wants me to walk a little each day, but the only thing I can do with my foot is put it on the ground while sitting down. One day at a time.
    • Posted

Good to know you are progressing!

are you still wearing the special ugly shoe? Did you have pins and screws inserted?

I am looking forward to removing my bandage and see my new foot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.