Had bunion surgery and the cast feels too tight

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not 100% sure exactly what the surgery is called - bunionectomy and hallus Valgas I think- because I can barely read the handwriting of what the doctor wrote but it's a bunion surgery with realigning of the 1st and 5th metatarsal. I have a pin placed in the first metatarsal and a screw in the 5th metatarsal and also had a bunion by my big toe and a bunionette by my left toe removed. I was put in a cast and it feels very tight where the bend of my foot is, the ankle area, but the top part of it. Also feels very tight on the sides of my foot. Is this normal? I did complain about I did complain about the cast being too tight and they sawed down the middle of it to open it a little bit and then use gauze to keep it together. And I thought it helped for a moment but woke up this morning and it just feels very tight still.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.