Had bunion surgery eight days ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I’ve had to bunion removed on my right foot I had left one done last year but I had a hammertoe that had to be corrected also I assume this one was not going to be as bad as it was just the actual bunion. so I’ve had the bunion removed on my right foot I had a left one done last year but I had a hammertoe that had to be corrected also I assume this one was not going to be as bad as it was just the actual bunion.

so two days ago now I was trying to get down the stairs and obviously is non-weightbearing but one of my crutches was at the edge of the stairs and I have suddenly slip down to stairs and of course my automatic reaction was to put out my foot so I did and I stood on it I had this really weird sprain feeling go through my foot and of my leg but it seemed to be okay I can feel a clicking in my foot and I’ve just stuck my hand into the bandages and it feels like there’s a big plate across the top And it’s really sticking out I’m quite concerned. I have the hospital on Thursday which is in two days I’m going to wait until then I will be having an x-ray but I’ve had to actually stand on it a couple of times by accident where I have lost balance. and it’s really sticking out I’m quite concerned. I have the hospital on Thursday which is in two days I’m going to wait until then I will be having an x-ray but I’ve had to actually stand on it a couple of times by accident where I have lost balance.

I friend of mine is just had their bunion done and they were up and walking around after two weeks but I don’t know if he had the same thing when I looked at his stitches they were quite small I think there about five of them whereas master to run right up the side of my foot on the left hand side and also the same with this other foot that’s just been done on the right hand side I’m actually really panicking just wanted some advice I’m hoping that these pins apparently I have six of them in my foot was strong enough to hold the bones

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yikes! Listen to your intuition! If it feels weird and you are that worried, go to the doctor sooner. even to the ER. And don't try to go up and down stairs with crutches. They are not safe! The only way to go up and down stairs is on your bum and I would say even limit that. I am almost 4 weeks out of bunion and hammer toe surgery and I stay in my bed, with my foot up and when I do have to go down or up stairs I do it on my bum. To go to the bathroom, I use a rolling, swivel chair. It works perfectly.

• Posted

Bless your heart, I hope everything will be ok with you. I just can't imagine going through that surgery again. Personally I wish I had never had my surgery. My big toe, which is the one with metal plate is so spaced out that I'm going to have to purchase special shoes bc of being unable to wear mine. But anyway, hopefully everything will be well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.