Had carpal tunnel surgery 3 mos.ago.It was severe. Index & pinky finger numb

Posted , 3 users are following.

Nerve conduction test showed martin-gruber anastamosis. Those two fingers drawing to palm. Dr says no concern but I have never thought this was just ct. Numbness in other fingers not improving but did releave pain in hand. Any ideas?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That's not really enough detail to analyse what sounds like a rather complicated situation. You might read the page on analysing problems after surgery, and also maybe the one on CTS, trigger digit and dupuytren's on my website (see the link below right), and then maybe ask again. Dr J Bland

• Posted

Jenny I do not think you have given the surgery enough time  i am 60 this year and was told bt my surgeon it may take several months for full sensation. Also i might not gain that at all. Much depends on the extent of the damage pre-surgery. I mention the age factor because it's like anything age wears on the parts. if you have osteoarthritis in your hands and joints that might be a cause of your discomfort.

?I am 19 hours post-op. So far so good. I had a two for operation. I had open CT surgery and a trigger finger surgery same hand. Osteoarthris thoughout my hand and wrist. The only relief for that are NSAID's like aspirin, IBuprofen, Neproxen and others. My suggestion for that relief is neproxen or Advil. it may take a few days of taking it but there are no side effects like the other two. Asperin can eat away at your stomach liner. IB works on your liver like booze. Do not exceed dosage long term. I case you dont know NSAID means Non-Steroidal Anti-inflamatory Drug. In some cases you get tempoary relief taken once. Longer term use will shrink the inflamation causing a period of relief like a day or two before the pain comes back if you sudenly stop taking it after a period of a week or more. its like my omiprizol for my stomach. if i stop taking it daily i do not get acid reflux for a couple of days then bang. I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.