Had casual sex with neighbour, 2 weeks later some "pimples" appeared near my penis

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been having casual sex with my neighbour , everything was fine until I started to notice some "pimples" near my penis and scrotum, I did not care ( I believed it was because I shaved wrong or something like that ) but more appeared since then, now I believe they are warts and I'm concerned this is Human papillomavirus (2 months have passed since the first wart appeared)imageimage

Is this HPV? what kind of doctor should I see?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

Hi, you need to have them checked out, it's possible to be molluscum contagiosum. MC is not technically an std but is transmitted by skin to skin contact. They are highly contagious and need to be removed.

• Posted

the doctor had a look, (he is the only one in town that takes care of stds) said I need to have them removed by laser, is that ok? i could not find more info online

• Edited

Hi, if it was me, I would follow your doctor's advice. Laser and cryotherapy are the fastest and safest way to have them removed. You can find alternative and natural options on the web but I don't recommend it. It's better to act fast before they spread.

• Edited

Don't think it's warts, but could be Molluscum contagiosum or Herpes. See either a gp or sexual health nurse for a check.

Also, stop shaving until cured it as shaving spreads MC & warts easily. Trim your hair short instead as it allows for treatment without such high chances of spreading.

Get your neighbour to have a check too, otherwise you will just reinfect each other.

• Posted

thanks, it was indeed molluscum contagiosum, but I had a really bad medic tbh, he saw it and said "yes, is an std, it's called molluscum contagiosum" and said to me that I need to have them removed using a laser technique, is this correct? I've read some articles and this does not seems to be the best approach.

PD.- I'm from a little town in Bolivia so I do not have much options related to doctors over here 😦, should I do that laser treatment?

• Posted

Hi,

I could see laser working well as it makes small burns that would kill the virus. So as long as all the 'spots' are zapped that would get rid of it quickly. Otherwise it can hung around for months even with other treatments, and up to 2 years without treatment (assuming no more spread).

Same for your neighbour or other regular sex partners, they will be best having a check & treatment.

MC can be anywhere on the body and easily spread via the hands. It's spread can be prevented with normal hygiene of soap & water (the same as coronavirus).

I agree it's hard in a small community when there is only one doctor, but in this case I think the doctor has proposed a quick & suitable treatment.

Rob.

• Edited

Hi, Alex, I made an account here literally just to reply to your post, I'm horrified at people telling you to laser that! I saw that you've been shaving all your hairs and that can cause

folliculitis I don't know if you have looked that up! I looks like that to me, not an STD or VD! If you don't exfoliate (with a proper exfoliating sponge/scrub/cream) after shaving it like that it can cause folliculitis and it can be painful but its not an std. And if your hometown doctor sucks, you can always schedule an online appt through your healthcare plan app and send the pictures too! Wishing you well xo

• Edited

hey!, yes it ended being just what you said, had to travel to another place just to get checked, the other doctor said it was folliculitis and gave me some creams and treatment, no further pimples appeared and said i had to wait between 4 to 6 months for the current ones to disappear (thing that is actually happening)

• Posted

thanks so much for your time bro appreciate you ❤️

(hope my English is good enough for you to understand the message)

• Edited

hey sis you get them removed? i heard they also have some products on amaozn to remove them ?

• Posted

got the bigger ones removed with laser (the doctor of my hometown took 200$ from me for that 😤 and ended being folliculitis, I suggest you to go get checked you'll spend time and money!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.