Had colonscopy but no treatment?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had my colonscopy on Friday. The doctor saw ulcers and confirmed that my bowel looks inflammed and i have UC. They took biopsies and didnt give me anything.

i am still passing blood and not able to eat much. What shall i do? was i meant to be given something. They told me to wait for 3 weeks for my results to come back from my biopsy. but i cant keep going like this...its now been more than 2 months of this.ive not been given a date for the follow up appointment either.

Please advise

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

ask for mesalamine enema from doctor to get rid of blood, do some googling on enemas to familiarize yourself with them, there no big deal!  If the dr says he wants to give you suppositories instead, refuse and ask for enema...DO NOT GET cortisteroid enema, stick with mesalamine! don't take the oral prednisone they will try to prescribe you or oral mesalamine, etc..

don't use bathroom for enema administering like most folks say to....tell spouse to stay out of room, lie on your bed, with trashcan nearby or windowsill for used enema bottle....put 1-2 pillows under the pelvis and a towel on the bed for spillage, a little extra vaseline is fine, go to sleep.....once you are able to keep one in overnight, try and keep it in, in the morning, and then put another one in....you may have to work up to thissmile do a headstand to use gravity to pull that stuff in to your intestine and not just the rectum, just walk your feet up the wall of your bedroom while on your bed. If you aren't able to hold one in even for the night or even 30 minutes, don't get discouraged, keep trying! It will happen!

but after you are able to keep one in overnight, if you see improvements, like pink instead of red, then you are on the right track

if you do see improvements, 1st off try not eating red meat..

drink natural coconut water 1-2 liters per day, served cold from the fridge and then over ice, makes it sweeter tasting

eat 2--3 coconut milk yogurts per day

get 2 bottles of inner-eco coconut water with live probiotics from whole foods and use about one bottle per month a sip a day...if you start to run for the border or it cleans you out, then take a week off and then start back up again, eventually it will just keep you maintained

reduce fiber intake!!

watch for other foods that may be irritating you and remove them from your diet, dairy, salt, cured meats, maybe gluten, 

eat soft foods like eggs, avacados, berries, yogurt...no citrus

If you find this all works for you then maintain the quantities for up to a year, except the bottle of inner-eco, you can back off to one every other month or maybe even one every 3 months, just listen to your body...after a year lower quantities of coconut water, and yogurt but keep them in your regular diet!

stay vigilent, don't just think you are all better and throw caution to the wind, but after a year you will be able to eat some of the things you used to, just don't go coo coo crazysmile  I didn't eat red meat for approximately 3 years, but ground turkey thigh is good and chicken still on the menu, laid off pork for a good while, lamb seemed to be acceptable to my system.....

good luck, god bless

• Posted

Thank you for that! thats really useful i have been drinking coconut water but will look into the probiotic. smile
  • Posted

Hi Sophie, 

Have you seen your GP? The doctor may have sent your GP a letter telling them what treatment you need. If not get back in touch with the doctor or clinic that did your colonoscopy and explain the situation and let them know you need something urgently. 

Hope you get it sorted quickly. 

Ruth

• Posted

I tried to get an appointment with my gp they cant see me till Friday. i rang the clinic where i had the colonoscopy and they told me that they cant give me anything and if my symptons are bad speak to my gp. I really feel as though im not getting anywhere.
  • Posted

I had mine three just under three weeks ago.  Like yourself they confirmed UC, inflammation of the bowel.  I return for biopsy results on Thursday, and a review of medication.  Before I left the hospital I was prescribed with Prednisolone (steroids) and calcium tablets.  Whilst the side effects are not great, they have made a huge difference.  I am sorry that this did not happen for you. You have nothing to lose by ringing the hospital/clinic and explaining how you are feeling - I know that  I could not have coped with a continuation of my symptoms for much longer as I was climbing the walls.
    • Posted

Thank you. Im glad they gave you something i really wish i knew all of this i would have refused to leave the hospital without medication. i dont have anything. i will speak to my gp to see what he says.
  • Posted

That doesn’t seem right. I would call the Drs office and at least get a perscription of something to give you some relief from the discomfort your experiencing. 

This disease is no fun deal. I was diagnosed back in November 17. Mesalamine and prednisone. The prednisone doesn’t have great side effects. But it does attack the problem. 

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with UC back in January after have a colonoscopy and they had me taking a few medications. The main ones being Sulfasalazine and Prednisone. 
  • Posted

Hello

Thank you for replying. just to update saw my Gp and he prescribed me predisonal and melaszine suppositories i dont know if i spelt the names right. Anyways it was such a big relief but the suppositories sting and make me feel like i need to run to the bathroom...it last for a good 5 to 7 minutes. Im still waiting for my biopsy results to come through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.