Had diarrhea and stomach cramps for 4 days. Also have possible IBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to the docs last week and he said he thinks I have IBS-D. Going back next week for blood tests to rule anything else out. Went to work for 2 days, then had to come home as I started having diarrhea and really bad stomach cramps (feels different to IBS so I think it's a stomach bug). Haven't been sick but have hardly eaten in 5 days now, had diarrhea for 4 days. Tried eating white toast, drinking water and still lucozade to keep hydrated, but now quite worried as its gone on so long. Been needing to sleep loads too which I wouldn't normally do with my normal IBS issues. Cut out caffeine 2 wks ago to try help. Loose stools are bright yellow (sorry if to much info!). Quite worried now, as need to get back to work tomorrow really. Please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could be liver or pancreas issue with the yellow stools.  I believe a parasite can cause that too. I would just double check with doctor and see if there is cause for concern.  
    • Posted

That's pretty worrying! I was hoping it was just because my digestive system was working much faster and therefore couldn't break down everything properly hence the colour...?! Oh dear
  • Posted

Don't worry too much about it.  I also at times have the yellow stuff. I have frequent diarrhea and I agree....it could be because it's just rushing through. Just stay hydrated and what helps me is eating white rice.  Don't know why, but it firms me back up a bit. 
  • Posted

There is a parasite named Giardia that causes yellow faeces it is very common and is treated with antibiotics. See your doctor for

tests i really wouldn t wait too long you could become dehidrated Hope you get sorted soon, i believe it can be in undercooked fish and some meats etc .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.