Had diverticulitis 10 times in 2 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been in a lot of pain for almost 3 years now. although all tests have been run, the doctor does not seem to know what's causing this pain because it is constant period And I require morphine and dilaudid. what really concerns me is I don't know why I have this pain so severe.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thank God you have not had a rupture and remember never ignore your symptoms. Everyone is different as are pain levels. No one knows your pain but you. I was almost sent home from ER with Constipation Diagnosis which I had had several times before,but due to shift change the second radiologist admitted me because he thought he saw free air. I faced a colostomy and reversal at 46. That was 8 years ago and I have learned to listen to my body more than a doctor. I have had episodes since and I am in the ER telling them what is at risk for me. The pain is a given when your Colon is swollen and each episode can vary. The hard part is the pain meds hurt you far more than they can ever help you. I sure didn't want to hear that but it is fact. I stopped going to pain Management and I suffered severely for 3years but today although I still suffer, it is nothing compared to depending on a medicine that gave me a false sense of reality. When I thought things were better,it was just the meds. Today I handle it with a little Tramadol and knowing when to rest and eat liquid diet and go to doc. The more you learn, the better you handle it. Inflammation in the digestive tract can be recurrent and serious . Listen To Your Body! And please please please get off the pain meds.

• Posted

I had diverticulitis for 6 years and been through all the meds and fiber speech. Finally went to surgeon and he told me no surgery. He told me to get some Metamucil and you will be fine.

Since that meeting I have had not one flare up and pain free. I take it twice per day.

• Posted

Inflammatory bowel disease can be a silent killer. When your Colon is swollen and infection begins you know it. Stop eating and drink non carbonated drinks. Lots of water and slowly introduce soft diet and a lot of times the diverticulosis will subside. Probiotics are so important. Sugar substitute kills the good bacteria in your digestive system Not the right amount of good bacteria can lead to Cdif colitis which I also had . If you can tolerate milk, there are natural enzyme in whole milk and it has really helped me. It really is really soothing to that raw feeding in your intestines. Take care and you are going to be fine.

• Posted

Dv can get infected and couse absess. This can be symptoms of a dull ache or pain down the right side or across the lower belly area. Make sure this is not the case so ask the question with your consultant doctor
    • Posted

I had diverticulitis for 6 years and been through all the meds and fiber speech. Finally went to surgeon and he told me no surgery. He told me to get some Metamucil and you will be fine.

Since that meeting I have had not one flare up and pain free. I take it twice per day.

• Posted

Sherry I had diverticulitis for 6 years and been through all the meds and fiber speech. Finally went to surgeon and he told me no surgery. He told me to get some Metamucil and you will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.