Had dizziness over a year someone please help!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Im suffering from dizziness, heavy head from over a year and a half now.. Im only 26 an its having a big affect on my life.. I cant walk alone without holding somebody and i avoid going everywhere because of it.. When i stand i fewl as though im going to fall over. Even sat down im dizzy! Ive had countless blood tests mri aswell but all clear. Seen a neurologist too who said its nothing.. Been to the ent aswell and they said i dont have no ear problems etc.. Ive been given medication for vertigo and all sorts none of which hav helped. Please someone shed some light on this so i can get my life back to normal. Its so frustrating having it 24/7 and not knowing what it could be.

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

What medications do you take. Sometimes medicines can cause dizziness. I have had problems for 9 months. I noticed stress makes it much much worse. So far my doctor has figured out I was extremely low Vitamin D3. I have been on a high dose of Vitamin D3 for two months. Something very scary for me is my doctor figured out I was losing my potassium. So I take two pills twice a day. It has really helped. I had constant dizziness. Felt like I was falling. You can't take potassium without talking to your doctor because too much or too little is very dangerous. I always felt something in me was off. My body wasn't working right and the doctors just couldn't figure it out. I also heard from a Facebook site low magnesium also causes dizziness. The site I am on Facebook has doctors in it and it's pretty neat that they share their ideas. It is a site for low Vitamin D. Just like this site a bunch people trying to figure out what is wrong with them. I pray you get better and have some dizzy free days ahead!

• Posted

Aww thankyou.. Iv been tested and bloods all came back normal.. I was prescribed stemetil, cinnarizine, betahistine dihydrochloride, and cetirizine none if which helped infact they all gave me side effects.. What site is it on facebook please? And do you think doctors check for magnesium and potassium when ther do a full blood count?
    • Posted

Magnesium I think no. When they check your potassium they do a check of your electrolyte balance. If you are low or high it causes so many symptoms. I actually felt like I was dieing. My level was 3.1 and it is considered a serious medical emergency if it is 2.5. You can die. Maybe yours isn't a low potassium problem but a different electrolyte imbalance. If you have had blood test done ask for your numbers. Keep track of them. Even a little low numbers can cause big problems. For sure have your Vitamin D checked. It causes bppv. Medicines that are prescribed to us can also cause a lot of problems like me and now I am losing my potassium. I also had a bad reaction to a blood pressure medication and now I refuse medicine. I read about it and think about it before I take it or not. We know our bodies and I feel like the doctors are guessing sometimes then give you medicine they think you need but really we didn't need it and we pay the price by getting sicker or have a bad reaction. What I am doing now is eating healthier. Removing BPA foods and products from our house and shopping at Trader Joes for organic food. Yesterday and today I had a good day. I think it is the potassium. But having good days are gifts from God! When my potassium drops I get so dizzy. My head feels heavy and then my life sucks. I have to take care of our house and kids while I am dizzy and every movement feels like I am walking in wet cement. So horrible. Little jobs become big jobs and I just pray I get through the day.

• Posted

Hope you get well soon its awful! Im having a crazy bad day today even sat down im dizzy
  • Posted

Has anyone taken cyclizine for dizziness? Ive been given them but i hate medication as im scared of the side effects
  • Posted

hiya rahela i have just come across this thread and i'm wondering how long it has been active as all responses show as been posted "a day ago".are your symtoms still the same?i have read the replies and the out come looks bleak for this condition,which i suffer from too, and like all the contributers nothing my doctor has prescribed to me has helped in sorting it out.i have a weird question and i'm wondering if yourself or any of our fellow sufferers have ever had a grommet fitted in your ear as a child.the reason for this is i'm wondering if maybe this might have a connection with the condition.today's date is the 11/oct/2016.thanks.

• Posted

I never had anything done. No major problems with my ears at all. One day when I was 42 or so I got vertigo. Then dizzy. Been dealing with it ever since. Was told bppv then. Now they suspect menieres. So many things cause it, everyone gets told something different. No matter what, there's no cure. Unless you have a infection or something they clear up. Then your fine. After 10+;years I figure, and was told, it's here to stay. Ruled out tumors, stroke, etc.

• Posted

Hi i posted this about four days ago.. Ive had ear infections from a young age but nothing else.. No geommet fitted nothin.. Symptoms are still the same.. Another bad day again.. The moment i get out of bed it starts
    • Posted

Never had any problems with my ears growing up - well once had them flushed because of wax and told I could have gone deaf from it but no real issues - I was blessed to have it good as a child 😆

• Posted

Have you had your Vitamin D checked? It causes bppv. I know the doctor changed your diagnosis but something to look into.
  • Posted

Hi rahela...

I have the same symptoms as you this is now the 6th yr at first I couldn't stop being sock probably about 10 times a day with all the dizziness that I was getting.. Went doc's and had all the tests you had and mine all came back clear too at first I thought it was a brain tumour Hut now know it's not as I've had a scam I've had numerous amount of meds but didn't think they really worked.. Plus I didn't think it was good talking them all the time...it has eased as I'm no longer getting sick this only happens when I get a bad case... I've had 3 panic attacks over this too thinking I was gonna die...I can't walk down isles in a shop.. I have to hold onto a trolley when shopping and I've stopped driving as I think it's too dangerous of I had a bad episode.. The only thing that stops me from getting these feelings is to lie flat or to have a glass of wine as it relaxes me...but I'm constantly feeling off balance I'm 37 and have a family and husband that help me out and my work place is very understanding too...but it does depress you knowing or feeling that your gonna be like that all day and it does stop you from doing thing's... I loved the fair..waterslides.. Some sports..but now I just watch my kids incase it makes me feel worse... But all my doctor says is "you just gotta live with it" and mm aye one day it'll disappear

• Posted

Bless i hope you get better soon.. Although ive had an mri and all the tests i still think theres something in my head.. Yes maybe brain tumour.. I cant stop thinking about it which probably makes it worse.. Over a year ago i too got panic attacks because of this dizziness.. Ive never been sick but like you i find it hard going into public places for shopping etc.. I lie down all day but as soon as i get up it starts again
    • Posted

I am so sorry Claire. What a horrible thing for a doctor to say! Do you take vitamins? Low magnesium is supposed to cause dizziness. I will be praying for you.

• Posted

Rahela has your doctor ever had you do vestibular therapy? I did it for a few months and now I do it at home by myself. Sometimes we make it worse by avoiding doing anything and then we become very sensitive to movement. I shake my head up and down while stairing at a sign. I focus on a letter and move on. Then I move my head left to right focus on the letter and move on. I do this everyday. I did it in vestibular therapy. My therapist said I has to make the sick dizziness feelings come on so my body could get back to normal. I would of course talk to your doctor before doing anything. But it has helped me.
    • Posted

The physical therapust has you do certain things to bring on dizziness. Basically retrain your body to do normal things. Like walk and looking around.
    • Posted

I have had continues dizzy for 3 weeks now. Doctor said anxiety put me on xanax. Has any one taken that to help. Only been 4 days. But dizzy still there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.