Had dizziness over a year someone please help!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Im suffering from dizziness, heavy head from over a year and a half now.. Im only 26 an its having a big affect on my life.. I cant walk alone without holding somebody and i avoid going everywhere because of it.. When i stand i fewl as though im going to fall over. Even sat down im dizzy! Ive had countless blood tests mri aswell but all clear. Seen a neurologist too who said its nothing.. Been to the ent aswell and they said i dont have no ear problems etc.. Ive been given medication for vertigo and all sorts none of which hav helped. Please someone shed some light on this so i can get my life back to normal. Its so frustrating having it 24/7 and not knowing what it could be.

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My Sister is 50 and she's diagnosed with BPPV. At first, she's vomiting and extremely nauseous. We brought her to ER twice with the same symptoms. She was diagnosed with Vertigo in ER then released after couple of days. She can't walk alone and can't function at home. I emailed her primary doctor to check into it because she just can't be taking meclizine and zofran every day. It was just a temporary treatment. Her doctor referred her to a Physical Therapist. The first session she threw up twice but feeling better the next day and on the 2nd day much better. She can walk alone. She said, when she turns her head to the right, she doesn't feel dizzy anymore but on the left side, she's still feeling dizzy especially when she look down and also turning her head to the left. She suffers this problem for 1 month and half. After the second session, she didn't feel dizzy for 1 full day but there's still light dizziness in certain position. We ask for 3rd session which is tomorrow. I will let you know how she feels 2 days from now since the effect of the exercise will be the next day after the session. I hope her experience helps a little in your case if it is BPPV. 

• Posted

The PT did repositioning treatment. According to PT, she has some crystals in her ear (responsible for balance) that have been dislodged and it went to the area which it shouldn't be there. The treatment that the PT is doing is repositioning those crystals back in place. She has progressed the next day every after treatment. After the third visit, she's still dizzy every now and then that's why the PT suggested one more therapy this friday.

• Posted

Sorry i mean physical therapist.. Would i have to be referred to them theough my gp?
    • Posted

If the kind of Vertigo you have is BPPV (feeling dizzy on certain head position or movement) then you need to get a referral from your Primary Care Physician to be seen by Physical Therapist. PT is a practitioner that's an expert in repositioning for the crystals to go back in place. They will also teach you some home exercise to be done at home so your brain will learn to adjust for faster recovery.

• Posted

Hi rahela have you tried looking a spot on the wall move your head side to side then up and down about 20 times
    • Posted

Sorry just wanted to ask.. Hav u suffered from dizziness and has doing that helped u
    • Posted

Hi ranela the exercises are called vestibular rehabilitation exercises do you have the spinning sensation all the walls and floors are moving up and down. Did you try the exercise what I said to do did it help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.