Had enough!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had globus for 6 months now, been prescribed antacids, enrolled on a online course for anxiety, tried taking magnesium and I'm really fed up. I have it pretty much all the time, the only rest bite I have is eating and sleep. I have had a scope at the back of my nose by an ENT consultant who assured me there was nothing visable which put my test for a short while. But I have asked for an andescope because Im starting to get really worried. I find myself hoping it is stress and the alternative terrifies me. I know it wont be nice but I dont what else to do. I have a busy life life which feels like it goes 100 miles an hour but this has always been the case. Im so worried!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Just had globus too. Sorry you are having a bad time. I am being treated with antacids too. Try and not worry too much about it and just believe one day it will go. I find distracting myself helps, chewing gum really helps too. Have you tried some of the exercises suggested. I even find putting a Vicks vapour tube up my nostrils helps too.

I hope things get better for you soon.

• Posted

Thank you I've tried chewing gum and that does feel better. What exercises are there?

• Posted

The ones I remember are : Stretch head back as far as you can and turn head from side to side. You can place a hot cloth on your neck as you do it.

Put head back and lift chin up and down.

With your mouth closed run your tongue in a circle around your teeth.

Try googling exercises for globu s or cures for globu s or just globus. There are exercise suggestions there.

Honey and lemon drink.

Sorry can't remember much more.

Hope you find some thing that helps.

• Posted

I understand your predicament. But the more you worry about it the longer it stays. Mine just comes and goes and stays for awhile when i am anxious. It will go away just give it some time. I know easier said than done. I’ve read an article saying that the muscles by the esophagus or the sphincter loosens up when you take lots if nsaids meds or anti inflammatory drugs which i am guilty of. I suffer from migraines why i take the ibufropen to deal with it. There are nany meditation music you could look for. Our body has its own healing mechanism. Rest assured, after all the negative tests you’ve had globus will just disappear. All the best .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.