Had enough so made a change & it's paying off!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys

Just wanted to share this with you all & especially to the ones who are dealing with the daily discomfort of bloating, pain and cramps etc

I have been putting on weight dramatically since being diagnosed with uc in Aug 14. The docs say it's not related to my uc but I've been feeling sluggish, depressed, in quite a lot of pain and discomfort and I had enough. I've tried so many things to help, drugs, cutting out certain food groups, going lactose/gluten free, dieting, cutting out sugars, caffeine and the list goes on....but nothing every really helped.

I watched a programme on different diets the other night and diet chef was on there. I always knew it was expensive but I wanted to try something new and my husband offered his support so decided to buy a months worth. It does cost £200+ but started it on Wednesday and I pretty much instantly felt better. I have been eating raw onion, currys, beans, peas, jacket potatoes and no cramps whatsoever!! I'm not sure if its portion control or the overall reduction in fat, I'm really not sure but I just wanted to share as I feel great already. I have energy & it's wonderful to live without those awful stabbing pains. I have increased my meds recently too so I'm sure that's helping.

I'm not advising people to try diet chef but maybe to cut out the rubbish, ie; chocolate, bread, crisps etc for a few days and reduce your calorie intake to see if your symptoms improve at all - definitely worth a try!

Best wishes to u all xx

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

So what exactly are you Paying all that money for.Is it just a book or are you getting the food as well .Please let us know what it is. xx

• Posted

Hi Barbara

You get a months worth of meals, so 28 breakfasts, 28 lunches, 28 dinners, 28 snacks. You just have to add a bit of veg/fruit a day. It works for me being a busy mum as don't have time to work out calories etc. I jut try and stick to 1200 calories a day. I've not had 1 cramp since so as I said previously, it could be due to the reduction in food, because I've cut out junk or also it's being helped by my increase in meds. I just feel great atm so going to continue doing this as it actually feels like I don't have this awful disease although I know do :-( Just wanted to share with u all as I know we're all desperate to be out of this daily pain and misery that comes with uc. Hope this helps you Barbara. Take care xxx

• Posted

Do you get the food monthly as I my fridge would not hold all that.x

• Posted

It just goes in a cupboard, no need to fridge anything. It takes up lots of space though as there is obviously a lot of food delivered! Have a look on line Barbara, it's all listed on their website.
    • Posted

Hi Barbara

I've just found their website which tells you all about their plan, choices, prices etc.  It looks like it is all prepared in sealed pouches so no need to put in the fridge.

Hi Mummajojo

It's really good that you've found something that is helping you.  Can you tell us though, honestly, is the food tasty and does it fill you up?  I lost weight when I had my first flare last year & was diagnosed with UC in September. I am so relieved that the maintenance dose of mesalazine seems to be keeping it under control, but feeling better and eating better has made all my lost weight come back & more.  So I am seriously considering the diet chef plan.

Thanks to you both xx

• Posted

Hi Carole

I'm as honest as they come! I've tried every diet under the sun over the years and only weight watchers really worked for me but even that diet has proved tricky as its calories counting so takes time. The food is really good and a reasonable amount too. You have to add rice, pasta, pots, salad, veg to the dinners etc but that's easy when cooking for a family anyway. I probably eat more now than before but of the right foods! I haven't weighed yet as not been doing it long but just feel so good. It's a gamble I know, I too felt very nervous about trying it as I thought what a huge amount of money to throw away but I always think anything is worth a go especially if it can help the uc and shed some weight! I have 3st to lose so needed something to kick start me. I read loads of reviews first and did a lot of research. The only down side is that the meals are saucy and I am missing the odd jacket & chicken meal but I promise - they are really tasty! They should be for the price and they are made by chefs! I should be on commission - haha!! Xx

• Posted

Hi Mummajojo

Thanks for your reply and I really look forward to hearing how you get on.

I didn't mean to imply you weren't honest - honestly I didn't :-)

Really hope it continues to go well for you.

Carole x

• Posted

Hi Barbara

I had put more information on how to find the company in my post above but it was edited.

Will pm you

Carole x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.