Had fibro for 9 yrs had every pain medication going but pain consultant has drug to try

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my fibro has been really bad for past couple month so went to see my consultant who said ive had everything going so he has given me topimate to try i read about it and its for seizures just wondered if anyone has had this for fibro and if so how they got on with it .thank u Lynn ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn, my daughter has epilepsy and takes topimate, however my wife is having the same experience as you with fibro - "we've tried everything" sound familiar? She has an appointment with the consultant in November at which time I am going to suggest that they have not tried everything, they have not tried cannabis oil! It's illegal I here you shout but Billy Caldwell in Northern Ireland is prescribed the oil for his epileptic seizures and it works very well. Cannabis is well known for its ability to help with pain, is it not time the government got it together to help those who appear to have been abandoned to just live with pain, not good enough when there may be something which could help and is already being prescribed on the NHS in Billy's case.

• Posted

Hello 👋 

I believe this MED is lodine and yes I’ve tried it have a bottle of it still and it didn’t work. I’ve tried sooooooo many meds as I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis working against each other . The best result I’ve had so far ... I’m on the highest dose of Lyrica, 1-2 tablet of muscle relaxers up to three times a day and Effexor which is anti depressants and pain and 5mg of hydrocodone 2 a day. It’s doesn’t take pain completely away but take the edge off. Hang in there we know what you are going through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.