Had Grade 1 GERD but weird reflux symptoms after coronavirus what should I do?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I'm 20 years old, I've had minor reflux for about 2 years, but I've been having weird and significantly worsened reflux problems after COVID for a while now. I had covid 3 months ago, I was vaccinated with sinovac so it wasn't too serious. I've had fevers for a long time like a little more than a week but mostly low fevers like 37.1-37.4 Celcius. On the third day of my covid I started to feel a very uncomfortable sensation in my throat, like there's some kind of lump or something stuck, it was also burning. After that 3 months have passed, I've already been to three doctors, everybody says I'm fine, my blood was fine, I've also taken Nexium and Pantodenk for a month, with maalox and a few other medicines. I've also had endoscopy and the doctor said that I have grade 1 GERD, he said that it's nothing serious, just something that needs attention time to time and generally good diet. Then I went to another doctor who basically told me that Coronavirus sometimes leaves such long term problems that need approximately 6 months to resolve and are generally nerve problems.

Now I realize that I COVID leaved heartburn problems and so on, and that it most likely is a post covid complication, but this is really annoying and worrying me. I've read up about reflux complications and am a little worried now. I'm worried that I might have LPR and I'm also worried that I might need a surgery to fix it if it doesn't resolve on it's own.

I've just interested if anybody have similar experience and if you can give me an advice of some kind.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.