Had hiatal Hernia surgery last week! Great

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had surgery a week ago (Aug 29th).  No pain.  No problems.  Was told I had 1/3 stomach out (above diaphragm).  Was in hospital 1-1/2 days.  Have not taken one pain pill.  I had the lapiscopy work with lynx in Colorado-US.  Only complaint--- had some swallowing issues second morning but it did not last long.  Was on liquids (broth, jello, liquid soups); moved to soft foods (couple bites) every 2 hours.  Now going to a little more substance tomorrow.  

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thats Great!! Were you having alot of symptoms?  What tests did you have before surgery?
    • Posted

I had three major pre-tests--- the camera; an hour long scan; and the cord down your throat.  Don't remember tech names.  For the camera one, it was done in hospital and I was put out.

• Posted

My symptoms were fairly controllable with medications.  But the last couple of years, I was in vomit mode too.  There were 2 main reasons I had surgery.  (1). The acid you belch up can ruin the lining around your esophagus and create esophagus cancer.  I have Already had breast cancer and have GERD friend's who are now esophagus pre-cancer.   (2) I am having extensive back surgery in Nov.  while u r under anesthesia, you can belch up and it go into lungs--- causing pneumonia.  So my surgery was to fix a problem that kept increasing and avoid major future issues!!!

• Posted

Two weeks since surgery.  Still No pain.  Starting to eat a lot more solid items.    No regrets.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.