Had Knee replacement and Pulmonary embolism.

Posted , 3 users are following.

On 19th March 2028 I had a total knee replacement unfortunately i developed a Pulmonary embolism.  I am on blood thinners.  Do i still need to wear compression stockings for full 6 weeks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I did. Tkr 8/27 bilateral pe's 9/22. Wore them everyday for full 6 weeks. If in doubt ask doc

• Posted

My doctor told me that I do not need top wear them, but I did anyway, for about 3 months until I was on blood thinners. My PE occured 10 days after skiing accident in which I had completely torn 2 ligaments in my knee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.