Had laparoscopic surgery 3 days ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had both ovaries removed. Was just wondering when I could take my dressings off. Also wondered if anyone else had such a bad backache afterwards. I thought perhaps it's from lying on that hospital bed for 2 nights

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Had my op on a Thursday, nurse changed dressing on the Tuesday I then removed it on the Saturday
  • Posted

I took my dressings off a few days later.
  • Posted

I had similar op Tuesday. Dressing was changed Friday. Waiting to see a nurse to see if it can be removed or changed.

Agree as well my back hurts too Pam!

• Posted

Thanks for that. I'm well confused. They never changed mine or told me what to do with them. How long to keep them on or anything. Good news is back not aching as bad
    • Posted

They changed mine and decided to put another on. They've even given me further dressing should I need to redo it myself. Mine is pretty large though. Most people seemed to have them removed.

If you're unsure I'd contact the hospital and find out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.