Had lateral sphincterotomy for anal fissure later i found i am pregnant.

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had chronic anal fissure since last 7 years but i was managing it with lexatives as i couldnt bear its pain. by daily use of lexatives my anal canal became very toned. so in this pandemic i finally thought to treat this issue along with laproscopy of gallbladder ( because it got infected). so i had these 2 procedures done with the gap of 2 weeks 1st gallbladder was removed n then lateral sphincterotomy. but 2 days after sphincterotomy i found that i am pregnant. Now its being 6 weeks since sphincterotomy but i am not fully healed. still my fissure in posterior position n surgry cut cause me pain even though i use lexatives n eating whole wheat n vegetables n fruits. To avoid pain i had increased the amount of lexative. but now i am worried that in this way i will again get toned anus. mostly people dont have pain after 3,4 weeks. what should i do to heal the fissure. do i need to bear pain daily n pass solid stool or i use lexatives to liquify the stool. will my fissure heal while passing solid stool daily.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

don't rely on laxatives, they are only for temporary use. use a stool softener like lactulose or movicol. magnesium citrate/oxide are brilliant stool softeners too. don't go over the daily recommended dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.