Had left tkr 11/03/2015 and broke my leg recently

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Haven't posted in a bit been driving my big rig around the country.

Broke my left leg at work 2 weeks ago so back at home on medical leave

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Which leg....the good one or the tkr leg? Were they able to fix it without surgery. You may recall my story.....fell the day after revision and did a torque break of the bad leg. They had to insert a hip to knee piece of steel with 8 screws. Eventually led to my downfall with 2 bouts of staph that required 3 major surgeries. Were you at home or out on the road when it happened. As I recall you are out in the southwest part of the US. Hope that's correct. There have been a number of truckers on here in the last year or so
  • Posted

Oh my goodness, Dawn! I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you! I hope that you were in a safe place when it happened and that there were people around to help you quickly. Sounds VERY SCARY to me!

Please let us know how things go for you in the coming days. Thank you for letting us know.

Sending prayers of calm and strength to you tonight!💖

• Posted

I was actually in Clovis, New Mexico at the yard. A gust of wind slammed the truck door on my leg .

I managed to drive on it for 5 days then my toes went numb and found out my fibula was fractured, got a temporary cast at the emergency room and saw orthopedic doc on Wednesday and he said it's broke not fractured. It's my left leg that I had the tkr on

• Posted

Oh, no! That HAD to really hurt! Driving for FIVE DAYS with a broken leg AND a TKR! You must be one tough cookie! I hope they get you all situated either with a brace or a cast and that you get some good rest to heal everything well.
  • Posted

No surgery as of yet have a brace on it but find out on Monday whether it's getting casted or not. Work is being great as is workmans comp
    • Posted

Not the way you planned your summer, I'm sure. Hope the cast is all you need. Undergoing another surgery is fun but actually might make for a nor comfortable heal. With mine they put an immobilizer on it and I was able undo it at night. Difference between femur and either bone in the lower leg. Do you drive for an over the road or local transit company?
  • Posted

I drive over the road..I'll find out Monday if I get a cast or not. Hoping that's all it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.