Had my 1st Rheumatologist appt.. OA so far

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well he was very touchy... swollen joints.. I have osteoarthritis for sure sent me for tons of blood work n hopefully get the results soon 2 see if I have anything else going on. Well 2 days later my primary dr and my RA dr got results of my bone scan and both sent me 4 more blood work on the same day, so I go see my primary who requested blood work to check my vit D levels so I think I'm gonna get some more news... I have shrunk 1.5 inches over last 3 years, thoughT was me have cervical disc degeneration and a ruptured disc at c5/c6... but they ordered a bone scan n the the RA dr wanted results also... primary said if fine see u at follow up in Dec then boom go get vit D checked n see u next week. If u have RA too OMG crazy.. cause I have so much going on I see 8 doctors. Does it sound like I have osteoporosis since he called in blood work ok vit d? Is it possible you have OA n RA at same time. I feel like I'm doing a slow death

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A vit D test dosen't show if u have osteoporosis but it shows how much you're at risk for having osteporosis

osteoarthritis and RA are two different conditions 

one is due to cartilage eating away and RA is autoimmune where ur joint fluid is being attacked by the immune system so basically if you had elevated inflammation indicators the diagnosis will go towards RA 

• Posted

Osteoporosis makes you loose height. Sounds like a nightmare are you on any meds. I gave up predsisilone 3 weeks ago I now take only over the counter co codamol and ibuprofen for ra. The former constipates the latter damages kidneys I'm in agony. 
    • Posted

OP and OA are new. . No meds.. still waiting confirmation on OP.. only had 2 appt with rheumatologist . I'm on meds for all my other problems, taking 26 pills a day
    • Posted

What is op and oa? It's easy to get caught up in too many pills. Do you have inflammation. I have had ra for 13 years 😤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.