Had my 4 the fil (7ml in ) hurts to drink

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had another 0.6mil in my band bringing me up to 7ml now but now I am struggling to keep liquids down and it hurts to drink and can only manage half a slice of toast and I'm bringing it back up any advice would be great I am under some stress at the mo also I am on my monthly cycle so could this be effecting it or have I to much in my band

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

if you have had your fill in the last 48 hrs then i would try and ride it out for a day or so longer if poss cos it can take 2 or 3 days to settle down but dont put up with it for any longer as it does sound like you are too tight - often fill providers require a liquid diet for up to a wk after a fill and to be honest i cant eat bread at all - it is one of the foods which are a big NO  NO for most bandsters so forget the toast and concentrate on soft/liquid food for a few days to see how things go - if you cannot even keep liquids down you really do need to seek help and get a bit of a defill - i would say to take out half of what was put in at your last fill - good luck
  • Posted

Toast!!? WOW!! I'm with Bandid, bread isn't something on my menu until I'm 'loose' enough and almost ready for a fill. 

If it hasn't settled down by now, get the 0.6 removed or reduced by 0.3

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, when I go for a fill, I'm not allowed to leave the practice (I'm literally held hostage) unitl I am able to drink a full plastic cup of water in quick (well, fairly quick) sucession. If it stays down (she CHECKS!!) then I'm allowed to leave lol I then stay on liquids for 24-48 hours then soft food for another 48 hours I've been over filled twice before and I find this practice VERY helpful. 

Hope you're feeling better now.

• Posted

Thanks both for your reply a since I posted I've not been able to keep anything down yesterday liquids or food yet today I can I'm very confused I'm going tomo for a defill hope I'm doin right thing
  • Posted

it could be that it is starting to settle if you have only just had the fill in the last few days which is often the case - however a defill wont do any harm under the circumstances - drink some water whilst you are at your fill providers and see if it goes down - and stick to fluids or liquidised foods for a few days after wards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.