Had my gallbladder removed for one week now

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was in a lot of pain so last Friday jan 27th i had my gallbladder removed. I was in so much pain and i was so sick before i went. The first day i was hurting so bad but got thro the first night sleeping in my chair. I have been doing so for the last week. My pain level feels a lot better. The first two days i had that bad gas feeling but u have to move around a lot in order for it to go away. Its been a full week now and i get to take off my bandage off tomorrow and im waiting to see whats in store for me. I still have a sharp pain when i need to yawn or take a deep breathe but from what ive read its normal. But i have to say its painful. Hope it goes away! And im getting my energy better and i hope all pain is gone soon. But the first couple of days i thought i was dying. Lol. Im hopeful and i feel the more i make myself move around its not as painful. My next check up is the 14th and im feeling ill get a thumbs up. Hope all others have a good go about as i have. And i hope knock on wood nothing goes bad!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

Thats really good news to hear, glad it's going so well for you now.

can I ask please are you eating a special diet now?

kind regards

Carol

• Posted

Hi you sound like your doing well happy for you smile Im waiting to have my gallbladder out due to gallstones very soon so hopefully mine will go well to. keep me updated on how you get on with the rest of your recovery smile from carmella

• Posted

I had the pain on deep breathes and yawning too. It took a good 2 weeks to go away - got better every day though! Stretching that area seemed to help for me.
    • Posted

Hi

That's what my daughter says and that it doesn't go away it's just there all the time.

I'm praying it starts to settle down she has had 8 procedures since September & she just wanted it all over once they found it to be the gallbladder.

Then comes obviously recovery time & with all the dietary changes you are just not feeling great straight after bless you all, I can't imagine how you all feel watching her is awful but we are not the Ines in pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.