Had my gallbladder removed need advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

on monday 21st may 2018 I had keyhole surgery to have a gallbladder removal.

I have been having problems since. When i cough or take a deep breath or burp under my ribs well and truly hurt. When i place my hand on my upper abdomen it feels like something is moving when i try to do these things. I have to take 2 50mg tramadol's that eases it but still feel like something is moving.

I have no pains in my chest or my bellybutton area. I sometimes do feel sick at times which i have to take antisickness tablets.

If it wasnt for the gallbladder attacks and the 2cm gallstone i wouldnt of gone for it. I am able to walk about but unable to straighten my spine as it causes more pain.

Anyone had a full recovery and how long did it take to be pain free?

?do I need to seek medical asistance?

I feel constantly ill but with me been stuborn i cant stop walking around i know i should rest but cant stay in one position for long.

?Any suggestions would be appreciated

Was i right about removing my stockings on the 5-6 day. As i never had any more fragmin. My partner said after i had a strip wash he said my legs where a bit purple but looks fine to me. Sometimes their do hurt to my ankle when i have woken up in the morning.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi there it's very early day s rest more don't pick anything heavy up your body's had major surgery it's an essential organ ! I've had a stone removed from my bile duct and had it widened So stones can pass easily. Well hopefully that's the plan ! I was ill,for months even after that sickly everyday lost 1 and a half stone so not going yet for anymore surgery ! so take it easy eh 🙏

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago. Trying to remember how it was for me.

Day surgery keyhole.

I did not have to wear the stockings at home.

Had a district nurse come in to change the dressing for a week or so afterwards.

Can't remember how long before I was completely pain free.

Do be careful about going back to fatty food too early.

They told me recovery time was 3 weeks.

Hope this helps

Take care and keep in otuch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Yvonne,  I had mine out on Thursday, May 24, 2018- so it's been 5 days. I am feeling really well, and don't have anything like what you have.  Everybody heals differently, but I would mention it to the doc, just to be safe.  I feel like I have a small lump in one of my incisions, and I just figured it was swelling.  Hope you feel better.

• Posted

I couldn’t eat anything at all without my stomach hurting. I’d only eat at home at night because I knew I was going to be hurting. 
    • Posted

was the hurting was  more pain or bloating.?  Mine is more of bloating  compared to the pain. The pain is less, but bloating is severe. Are you able to digest /handle protein and less fatty foods now and able to eat in resturants ?
    • Posted

Mine was pain. Not a lot of bloating. I don’t eat fatty foods. Not yet any?
  • Posted

I had mine along with my appendix out May 3rd I had all those same feelings for about 2 weeks but now I’m feeling good. The only problem I’m having is low back pain and it’s awful some days!!! Hope this helps and you feel better soon.. 
  • Posted

Hi there, I had my surgery same as yours on 31st May, I am really bloated, my wounds are sore but my biggest problem is the pain when I take a deep breath in, which was one of my symptoms before the op! I find it very painful to stand up straight. My stitches need to come out Friday or Monday, my dressings are still on, they didn't say anything about them needing to come off?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.