had my medical assesemnt nearly 5 weeks ago and still not heard a thing?

Posted , 7 users are following.

i know its normal to be waiting but I had my medical face to face assessment nearly 5 weeks ago and still haven't heard a decision I have severe anxiety and depression and a open broken tibia bone in my right leg due to a hit and run I have being told by few friends if I had failed they would of rang me within the first 2/3 weeks its just stressing me out are most decisions in the post that take longer then 4 weeks usually good news or? its just really stressing me out if someone could help or put my mind at rest I would be grateful 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Josh yea it is stressful waiting for any form of results but to be honest it's a bit like asking how longs a piece of string, every assessment seems to be different, how long it will be is anyone's guess, you could of course ring and ask the question, they can only say yes or no as to whether they have the answer yet

• Posted

Hi,

No that's not true that if you had been refused you would have heard within 2-3 weeks. There's no time scales.

Have you rang for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with that report. Hopefully not much longer.

• Posted

Hi josh i am waiting to five weeks over from them reciving the assessment report but the waiting time starts from when the DWP receive both copies of the assessment report not from the date you had the assessment hope this is any help to you xx
  • Posted

Denise is a great help on thing like this so listen to advice and like me try not to worry xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.