had my op

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone i had my op which was done by key hole  last Tuesday 29th November , i had a few problems after surgery i had a bleed into my pelvis and then got an infecion  , but  then needed  a blood transfuion but i came through it ok,  i came home yesterday Monday  5th December so had nearly a week in hospital i think the most pain i had was from the trapped gas but once i shifted that i was much better ,  having iron pillls now for 6 weeks and taking antibiotics  for the infecion  but i came through it ok thanks for all your advice and kind words on the days up to my op  . Paula x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Awe Paula glad to hear from you seems like you have had a rough ride! Your on your road of recovery now rest, rest and more rest! Happy Xmas film watching :-) Karen x
  • Posted

Hi, Paula!  So good to hear from you--sorry you had such a rough time.  But now you can look forward to your recovery and good health!  Please be gentle with yourself and take it easy!  Rest as much as you can and follow your post op instructions.

Take good care, and don't be a stranger to this site!  You can contribute and support others with your experiences!  xx

• Posted

Glad your home and feeling better. . Every day you will find it gets easier. Are you on any stool softners? With taking the iron you might find it difficult to have a bm.. Take care..
  • Posted

Glad to hear you are now home after your op.  You seem to have had a bit of a tough time, but you are on the road to recovery now.  Get plenty of rest and let everyone else do the work!  Remember to do as you are told and you will soon be on the mend.  Have a good Christmas, by then you should be feeling much better.
  • Posted

Hi Paula, glad u are finally home and are recovering well. Definitely rest as much as possible sometimes we forget and end up over doing it at times. So let your body heal and relax the worst is over. Have a blessed Christmas!!
  • Posted

Hi Paula so good to hear you are on mend. I am to have hysterectomy & 2nd rectocele repair soon. I remember waking up in so much pain after first rectocele repair in 2014 & now it's undone again & thickening on uterus is worse. I am terrified Paula, I am 62 & want to return to work after I can't stand the thought of not working & being stuck at home, I live alone so worried about after care & recovery, I do have 3 married sons who live nearby & my 16 grand daughter is always here. But what about the pain & will it sort everything out. Sorry to be so negative. God bless. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.